The PHIDIAS’s final impact webinar took place last 12 July which aimed at presenting the tangible outputs achieved by the PHIDIAS HPC initiative at the service of the European HPC and Research community, including main features, concrete impact, and prospective advantages for Research & HPC ecosphere. Here are the brief key takeaways from the event:
• A simple web access to a world-class supercomputer, yet with a kind of magic
• From 5% of data analysis to 45% for scientists (data access and computing) on the road to 80%
• Two portals to find and access the available data
• Already available results for Earth Science Systems (detection of extreme events, pollution, nutrients or ocean oxygen measures, etc.)
• Security by design is key in creating such an infrastructure (Security Committee)
• PHIDIAS is also a prototype to evaluate costs
• Metadata is a key point.
Get in touch with usClose
The 30-months project NGIatlantic.eu will push the Next Generation Internet a step further by providing cascade funding to EU-based researchers and innovators in carrying out Next Generation Internet related experiments in collaboration with US research teams.