Supporting the Ocean Decade in Europe - 8TH EMB FORUM
The 8th EMB Forum will be a hybrid event taking place in person at BluePoint Brussels and online on 1 December 2021. The topic will be “Supporting the Ocean Decade in Europe” and the aim of the Forum will be to facilitate discussion between relevant European Ocean Decade stakeholders, including the science community and policy makers. We will discuss how we can best deliver a successful Ocean Decade.
Overview At the end of the first year of the UN Decade of Ocean Science for Sustainable Development, the 8th EMB Forum will discuss European efforts in support of the Ocean Decade. This is an important time to reflect on what has already been achieved in this first year, and what needs to be adapted and developed further as we progress through the Ocean Decade. Following a formal opening, the Forum will comprise of three main sessions on the role of Early Career Ocean Professionals, current science and communication activities, and how we can bridge science and policy in support of the Ocean Decade.
Main subjects to be tackled will be:
- Hear what “the Ocean we want” means to a wide range of stakeholders;
- Discuss the role of Early Career Ocean Professionals (ECOPs) in the Ocean Decade, and how links to ECOPs can be developed;
- Find out what EMB and its network are already doing to support “the Ocean we want”;
- Discuss how we can better inspire and engage wider stakeholders with the Ocean Decade;
- Discuss how we can bridge science and policy at European and National level to support the Ocean Decade.
You can register for both in-person and online participation here.